The goal of this program is to learn research skills from a professional angle and to assist researchers in improving the quality of their research, publication, and ethics. It's a unique combination of academic and practical understanding about every facet of research methodology and its analysis.
1. To understand various methods of research, data collection and analysis, report writing, identification of the research gaps, review of literature
2. To explain the art of interpretation and the art of writing research reports/projects. .
3. To know various forms of intellectual property/patents/copyright etc, its relevance and business impact in the changing global business environment.
1. Research Skills: for effecting research design and implementation
2. Analytical Skills: for analysis and interpretation of data and information
3. Writing Skills: for scientific proposals and publications
4. Professional Skills: for professional conduct of research and career planning
1. Name of the Program: PG Diploma in Research Methodology
2. Type: Blended: Correspondence, Distance and Online learning
3. Program Start Date: Jan 2024 . Date of Completion of Program: Oct 2024
4. Course Duration : Min 9 -month , Max 1 year
5. Number of Credits : 36 Credits including 10 hours of online contact lectures and assignment + projects + field study
6. Eligibility: UG/PG degree in any discipline, research scholars, academic coordinator, mentors, industry professionals, aspirants and teaching professionals for enhancing knowledge
7. Age: No bar
8. Medium of Instruction: English 9. Assessment : Online submission and presentations
After successful completion of program candidate will get,
1. PG Diploma Certificate and marksheet (it will be presented during online convocation ceremony)
2. Additionally, Six PG Professional Certifications
3. Ample Self Learning Materials, recorded lectures (on request), Project Assignments
4. One to one mentorship by professional experts
Online on first come first basis. Applicant need to submit the details as per following google form and pay the requisite fee. https://forms.gle/sXa1rU17DcerNPiS6
INR 9000 /- (USD 150 - International participants) for complete program. It contains 6 professional certification and one PG Diploma.
• Affiliation : Academic collaboration with universities and autonomous colleges / institutes
• Career opportunities: Independent research writer, Consultant, Entrepreneur Advisor, AP/Professor, research analyst, opportunity for post-Doc etc..
It is divided into six professional certification programs
1. Professional Certification Program in “Basics and Advances in Research”: (6 Credits)
1. Steps involved in Research – Research in Pure and Applied Sciences - Inter Disciplinary Research.
2. Factors which hinder Research – Research and scientific methods– Criteria of good Research – Problems encountered by Researchers
3. Problem Identification & Formulation – Research Question – Investigation Question
4. Recent advancements in research, Global research output, trends and challenges in research
2. Professional Certification Program in “Research Design & Scientific Techniques” (6 Credits)
1. Identification of Problem, GAP analysis, Scientific Research Design, Features of a good research design
2. Reviewing the literature: Place of the literature review in research, bringing clarity and focus to research problem, broadening knowledge base in research area, Enabling contextual framework
3. Exploratory Research Design – concept, types and uses, Descriptive Research Designs – concept, types and uses, Experimental Design.
4.Distigtive Features of a Good Design, use of computerized methods for design, challenges in design- global perspective, advancements in research design
3. Professional Certification Program in “Data collection & Statistical Analysis” (6 Credits)
1. Questionnaire design and development: Questionnaires vs surveys, Questionnaire methods, Open-ended vs closed-ended questions, Question wording, Step-by-step guide to design, characteristics of effective questionnaire
2. Qualitative and Quantitative Research Sampling: Concepts of Statistical Population, Sample, Sampling Frame, Sampling Error, Sample Size, Characteristics of a good sample. Probability Sample – Simple Random Sample, Systematic Sample, Stratified Random Sample & Multi-stage sampling. Determining size of the sample
3. Data Analysis: Tools and techniques, data preparation – Univariate analysis (frequency tables, bar charts, pie charts, percentages), Bivariate analysis – Cross tabulations and Chi-square test including testing hypothesis of association.
4. Interpretation of Data: Statistical tools like SPSS, R, Microsoft Excel, SAS, GraphPad, Atlas-Ti etc.
4. Professional Certification Program in “Research Writing and Publication” (6 Credits)
1. Scientific writing and paper writing – Layout of a Research Paper, Impact factor of Journals, indexing, h and I factor
2. Writing for Books, Chapter- edited book, influential research writing
3. Software for paper formatting, ethical issues related to publishing,
4. Plagiarism and Self-Plagiarism. Use of software for grammar, paraphrasing and removal of plagiarism
5. Professional Certification in “Research Grants, Proposals, Copyrights, Trademarks and Patents” (6 Credits)
1. Research Grants: Developing effective grant writing, funding from government agencies and private foundations, scholarship
2. Research Proposals: content knowledge, writing proficiency, sources of funding for research and training, writing proposals, searching for sources, writing, reviewing, etc
3. IP & Copyrights in research: Nature of Copyright, Subject matter of copyright, Registration Procedure, Term of protection, Ownership of copyright, Assignment and licence of copyright - Infringement, Remedies & Penalties – Related Rights, Trade Secret – IPR in India
4. Trade Marks & Patents: Concept of Trademarks and Patents- Different kinds of marks (brand names, logos, signatures, symbols, well known marks, certification marks and service marks) - Non-Registrable Trademarks - Registration of Trademarks - Rights of holder and assignment and licensing of marks, Infringement, Remedies & Penalties - Trademarks registry and appellate board
6. Professional Certification program in “Career Planning and edupreneurship in Research” (6 Credits)
1. Role of Leadership in research: turning vision into reality, Qualities of effective leaders
2.Leadership on teaching and academic monitoring: innovation and opportunities
3. Academic / research: Career Planning, Assessing new opportunities
4.Guidelines to become entrepreneurs / proprietor to start educational institutions or research cell.